What is Dual Language Immersion?
Saint Paul Dual Language Academy is proud to teach Dual Language Immersion in Spanish and English. In Dual Language Immersion, students spend half the day learning in English and half the day learning in Spanish. By being taught not just language fundamentals but academic subjects, gain both languages while not losing a step in their studies. The goals of dual language immersion are bilingualism, biliteracy and biculturalism.
Our Dual Language Immersion program is in Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th, and 5th grade and follows a 50/50 model. We combine bilingual education, an intimate private school setting, and holistic values-based teaching. Interest from native Spanish speaking families as well as non-native speakers of the language has been overwhelmingly positive. They will equally learn to embrace differences because this model celebrates cultural and language.
- Language proficiency in both English and Spanish
- Improved communication ability
- Enhanced listening skills
- Exceed performance standards of solo language learners
- Greater cultural appreciation
- More prepared for global culture and market